'U'ber mich

My photo
The Hanging Soul... wandering about life...I float in dreams and my visions fly, up to the questions that pass my mind...i look at life and wonder why...no one sees the love, the beauty, the glory, the enigma, the mystery of this time

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Korean Hostages




I'm not much of a news person....but this one hit me pretty hard... it was one of the usual problems in Afghanistan...some Koreans had been taken hostage... it didn't register...till I saw a clipping of the hostages....something about that photograph irked me...and my was flooded with memories from the international volunteers conference last year....

I searched the CNN website for the clipping and when I saw it...a sudden chill went down my spine... I had met these kids...only a few months back... I'd seen their enthusiasm... I had worked with some of them on our presentation...

It all felt like such an amazing time where all of us had gathered to discuss what we could do to make this world a better place....And this is how we pay... I mean...I cannot even imagine how completely scared those kids would be...how much they are being wronged... I mean what's their fault?

If anyone has a problem with a country they capture innocent people and kill them, torture them.... why doesn't anyone take Bush hostage and torture him to death??!! It's so frustrating that the same world that we're trying to change wants to stay gripped in the ignorant, inhuman ways that they themselves curse!!!

My prayers go out to all of these kids and their families... I hope to see them back in a safe place...and maybe meet at some other conference...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.